donderdag 21 juni 2012

VAN SARO

VAN SARO:








"The series that I am currently developing is based around youth. Many of my paintings in my portfolio are from this series. My love for classical storytelling and graffiti are central to these paintings.
Following in the footsteps of artists like William Bougureau, Charles Bargue, and Norman Rockwell, I am bringing to life the stories of my world. However, unlike other classical artists, both present and past, I use graffiti to help complete the story within my paintings. Stories of humour, sadness, love, despair and everything in between.
I have spent the last 5 years developing both my skills and style. I feel that now I am ready to emerge and stand out in the world of art. My style is something new, but it represents a huge segment of our society. With the right gallery, I am positive that my art can make an impact.
I feel the need to represent and reach out to those who have had to struggle and overcome the odds to achieve in life. I want to be the proof that you can make it no matter what has been put in front of you."
Van Saro






"ARTIST STATEMENT

"From the time that I had crayons in my hand I loved to draw, so I guess it seemed natural for me to become an artist. However, the path from crayons to today has been a rough ride. I am proudest of the fact that despite everything that has happened, I never gave up on my life's ambition.
 I have spent many years obsessively perfecting my skills as a painter and storyteller. Following in the footsteps of artists like William Bougureau, Charles Bargue, and Norman Rockwell, I am bringing to life the stories of my world. However, unlike other classical artists, both present and past, I use graffiti to help complete the story within my paintings. Stories of sadness, humor, love, despair, and everything in between. I try to create my paintings to be like music. Songs have an incredible ability to translate emotions and thoughts, and this is what I'm striving for in my artwork"."