zaterdag 29 januari 2011

Is speculation in multiverses as immoral as speculation in subprime mortgages?

Is speculation in multiverses as immoral as speculation in subprime mortgages?: "

I'm becoming a moralistic prig in my dotage. Someone dear to me just proudly told me that her son, a freshly minted Harvard grad, is training to be an investment banker. This privileged young man, I grumbled, should try to make the world a better place rather than playing in a rigged, high-stakes gambling racket. [More]

Add to digg
Add to StumbleUpon
Add to Reddit
Add to Facebook
Add to del.icio.us
Email this Article


"

Instead of 3 dimensions + time, einstein proposed 4 dimensions in space-time, and all those new theories do, like einstein, is adding more demensions and create only speculation.
It is the next logical step in making hypothesis but after 100 years of einstein and assuming dark matter and energy to uphold the hypothesis is hardly any progress.