woensdag 14 november 2012

Amy Friend

Amy Friend:
Something different ....



"I grew up on the outskirts of Windsor, Ontario, Canada where the Detroit River meets Lake St.Clair. For a few years I studied at the Ontario College of Art and Design before embarking on intermittent travels through Europe, Morocco, Cuba and the United States. I returned to my studies and received a BFA Honours degree and BEd degree from York University, Toronto as well as an MFA from the University of Windsor, where I received a Social Sciences and Humanities Grant as well as an Ontario Graduate Scholarship. 









My work has been featured in select publications such as the Magenta Flash Forward Emerging Photography Competition, EnRoute Magazine, LENS magazine (China) and The Walrus. I have exhibited nationally and internationally and have received grants from the Canada Council for the Arts and the Ontario Arts Council. 

In 2011 I attended a residency at the Banff Centre for the Arts and travelled to Cuba to work on an ongoing project. In the summer of 2012 my work was a part of the "Change of Pace" exhibition at the Detroit Center for Contemporary Photography and this November a selection of my photographs will be exhibited in a group exhibition at the Mois De La Photo-OFF in Paris, France."